Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Fairytale Engagement


It was my first trip to Walt Disney World, Florida and my (now) husband and I had planned for it months before, carefully selecting the best restaurants to dine in and things to do. I was pleasantly surprised when my husband broke the news that we were going on the Platinum Package – something I had least expected! On hindsight, that was just a foreshadowing of what was to come. We had a dinner reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. I remember our server repeatedly approaching me to see if I had finished my main course – I was the least suspicious of his actions then. When the fireworks came on, I was too engrossed with what was happening outside the window to continue with my food. It was only after the fireworks had finished that I was done with my main course. Our server came with a plate covered with a silver dome-shaped lid, and he mentioned that the chef had prepared a special dessert. I was shocked beyond words when he lifted the lid. In front of me lay a glass slipper and on it was a ring encasing some rose petals to ether with a crown. At that point, my husband asked for my hand in marriage on bended knee. The celebration continued with a toast and chocolate dessert with a special message, and applause from the diners at the restaurant. It was a fairytale come true.

Here's the bling encasing the rose petals that sat nicely on the glass slipper. This crown too, was specially hand-picked by the husband. (:

Cinderella's Castle by night - a reminder of how beyond all that glitz and glamour lies a love story, one of a young lady and her prince charming.






No comments:

Post a Comment