Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Date Night at Cheeks, Regal, Star & Pink


Yesterday’s date night started off with dinner at Sweet Cheeks Q, a restaurant on Boylston Street that serves southern eats. The ambience is probably what I like most about this place – yes, I know I’m a sucker for atmosphere…even WCs thrill me (well certain kinds)! We were greeted and served by an excellent server who was extremely friendly and accommodating. I’ll let the following pictures speak for my dinner experience.


The interior had a very rustic-romantic feel about it. The hanging lights were made of recycled glass bottles. It reminds me of outdoor weddings. 

The bar area. There were television screens all over the restaurant - what you see here is only a fraction of the total!

The grey  box-like container you see here houses all the meat.

Three kinds of sauces to go with our meals: BBQ, Habanero Pepper and North Carolina Vinegar, all contained in recycled bottles.

Ice water and our order of Sweet Tea, both in vintage recycled jars. The Sweet Tea was absolutely delectable and tasted somewhat homemade - I forgot to ask if it was authentically homemade.

J's tray of Chicken with Mac n' Cheese and Coleslaw on the side - the Chicken is comparable to BonChon's!

My order of Berkshire Pulled Pork Sandwich with Mac n' Cheese and Potato Salad on the side. Absolutely delish and too much (I had my left-overs to-go in mini Chinese takeaway boxes).

Dessert was a light Butterscotch Pudding. It's got a rather unique blend of flavor - tastes sweet then salty at first...then finishes with a bitter-fragrant after taste.

Didn't I tell ya I could be rather obsessed with WCs? Found the signs very apt!

The interior decor of the ladies.

This was rather surprising! Well, it suits the vintage-retro theme of the restaurant and that's good enough to give it 5 popcorns. The gents had a machine filled with plastic eggs that contained random things in them (the pay-and-turn-for-a-surprise kinda thing) - just in case you're wondering, I didn't see it for myself!

After dinner, we headed to Regal Theatres to watch Les Misérables! We were so stuffed from dinner that we decided to give our usual popcorn and coke a miss. The movie was pretty moving toward the end. Go catch it if you haven’t!

I was taken back in time to when I saved up every cent of pocket money just to get my Barbie new clothes...or to buy the latest Polly Pocket toy set. These retro gum-ball machines are no exception - very retro indeed!

Starbucks was too tempting as we made our way back, so J decided to get a toffee nut hot chocolate since they ran out of salted caramel hot chocolate (our all-time fave). 

It was rather quiet and quite surprising for a Friday night.

They had these booth seats for customers to wait (for their orders) in comfort! Talk about customer satisfaction - legs and toes are 100% satisfied! (:

I got myself a Pink Berry pomegranate yogurt topped with mango pieces instead, to satisfy my sour craving. 



I'm not too sure why I'm still awake at this hour...maybe it's the caffeine in my yogurt? No wait. Ok, I need to hit the sacks...goodnight world!

No comments:

Post a Comment