Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bake that Cake


As promised, this post is dedicated to all bake-fanatics out there. It was my first time trying out this recipe and my first at baking cupcakes. The first batch of vanilla with dark chocolate ganache cupcakes was made specially for a New Year’s Eve party. The plan was to have a variety of vanilla cupcakes – half with dark chocolate and the remaining with white chocolate ganache.

 Bare cupcakes, otherwise known as muffins.

 All dressed up!

Making the dark chocolate ganache was a breeze. The ganache semi-hardened to the right texture and was ready to be used about 20 minutes from the time it was placed in the refrigerator.  The white chocolate however, refused to cooperate, and as you’ve already guessed, did not make it to the party. One night was not enough to harden the white chocolate. It needed more time than expected – 3 whole days was what it took to form, so I only have pictures of the dark chocolate cupcakes, do pardon me for that.

Couldn't resist the temptation to take a (few) bite(s) in between. Ha.

I was itching to see if milk chocolate was as stubborn as white, so I got out all my bakeware and ingredients and got down to work. 




This time, it took a little longer than the white but not as long as the dark – less than 1 night was all it took.  

Trying out 3 different recipes. The best being the cupcakes on the extreme right with a butter-crispy exterior to boot!


Here's presenting the vanilla milk chocolate ganache cupcakes that were decorated with whatever ingredients I could find at home!









My overall baking experience was great! I’ll definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment