Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Not a Cup of Tea But a Cup of Coffee


It was a rather relaxing Sunday and after a week of working-out (I didn’t exercise every day of course), I decided to treat myself to some good coffee. Not exactly the best way to aid my efforts in living a healthier lifestyle, but…with great company, why not?

For those of you who know me, I’m more of a tea person than coffee. However, I love going to the Starbucks café on JFK Street (sometimes just to “window shop” the interior décor and take a personal tour around the coffee bean packs), though it gets rather busy especially on the weekends and even on weekdays after office hours. It’s located beside the Harvard MBTA station and of course, it’s right in the heart of Harvard Square. This has got to be one of the best Starbucks cafes in Harvard Square (there are a total of 3 here) simply because the service is efficient and friendly, there’s an excellent ambience especially on the 2nd floor…and the coffee is made to perfection (says my expert coffee-drinker friends and me, the non-expert at this field but totally agreeable to this because it tastes so good)!

So this is kind of an extended version of what I briefly talked about in Date Night at Cheeks, Regal, Star & Pink.
Here are the pictures taken over 2 occasions. I’m obsessed with furniture, I know!





Our ventes!

The waiting area which doubled up as a seating area for us.

Here's where they make their coffee. Also a view from where we were seated (at the booth seats).

Bird's-eye-view of the ground floor kitchen.


Spacious upper floor. Feels almost like home. The far right is a coffee counter which you can order more coffee from without having to make your way down to the ground floor again!

There you go, a clearer view of it.

The other end of the upper floor.

Absolutely love this reading area - looks almost like a study!

We got ourselves window seats with comfy chairs (on another occasion). Almost felt like I could have snoozed for a bit - and yes, even the caffeine wouldn't have had any effect on me!

View from our window seats. The huge pillar-like structure is actually a lift that leads you down to the MBTA station.

Was quite amused by this. It's a charging station! We got all excited and started placing our cell phones on it only to find out it wouldn't work unless we had a special charging cover. Geez.

Something we spotted while walking around Harvard Square. A book sale with no one tending to it.

We realized why.

I hope you had your coffee fix today just by looking at these pictures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment